- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, mash beans. Mix in bread crumbs, 1/2 cup salsa, egg, cilantro and garlic. Shape bean mixture into four patties; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook burgers 3-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with remaining salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSalsa Bean Burgers
"Followed recipe exactly and loved them. I experimented with one burger and made it in a panini sandwich grill. That turned out even better: raised internal temp faster without burning the outside. I'll definitely make these again."