- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 shallot, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon or orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place salmon skin side down in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread sour cream over each fillet. Combine remaining ingredients. Pat crumb-nut mixture onto tops and sides of salmon fillets, pressing to help coating adhere. Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 12-15 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSalmon with Horseradish Pistachio Crust
"So flavorful and moist!! We both loved this. I used sliced almonds in place of the pistachios that I didn’t have. The crunchy, toasted flavor of the nuts and other ingredients was primo!! Can’t wait to make it again."