Salmon with Citrus Salsa
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- CITRUS SALSA:
- 3/4 cup pink grapefruit segments, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup orange segments, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon, skin side down, on grill. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 361 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4-1/2 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Oct 11, 2011
As Pacific NW salmon lovers, we are always on the lookout for great new salmon recipes. This is a winner! Even won over our "don't eat fish" son and daugher-in-law.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.