Salmon Bean Wraps
Here’s a healthy wrap low in saturated fat and full of the wonderful nutrients in avocado, black beans and smoked salmon. It’s super easy and perfect for a quick lunch. —Jess Apfe, Berkeley, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 2 ounces flaked smoked salmon fillets
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, mash avocado. Stir in the beans, tomato, cilantro, sour cream, red onion, lemon juice and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Spread 3/4 cup over each tortilla. Top with salmon and lettuce; roll up and secure with toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 315 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 603mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 8g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Aug 13, 2011
We liked this okay but given all the awesome ingredients I expected something more. I added some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to the bean mixture, but the end result was still a little bland.