Rosemary Turkey Breast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 pounds)
- In a food processor, combine the oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, paprika and pepper; cover and process until garlic is coarsely chopped.
- With your fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of turkey breast. Spread half of the garlic mixture over the meat under the skin. Smooth skin over meat and secure to underside of breast with toothpicks. Spread remaining garlic mixture over turkey skin.
- Place turkey breast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked turkey (calculated without skin): 148 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Oct 1, 2018
Great flavor, moist, simple and delicious! A winner!
Dec 27, 2011
This was wonderful. Very moist, and very garlicky. I would love to make it again!
Oct 7, 2010
The smallest turkey my store had was 6.5lbs, so I increased the ingredients a little to make sure I had enough to cover the whole turkey. Not sure if it was the recipe, or my additions but the flavors were way too strong. My house still smells of garlic the next day (and I love garlic, but this was way too strong and I didn't increase the amount of garlic). The rosemary was way too intense as well. I couldn't eat the pieces near the edge, and my husband was scraping off his seasoning. I may try it again, reducing the amount of garlic and rosemary and possibly eliminating most the paprika. On the positive side, it was really easy to make and this was my first time making it turkey. I used one of the bags per my mother in law's suggestion, baked it @350 for 2 hours and it was extremely juicy.
Jul 4, 2010
This has become a family favorite.
Feb 15, 2010
I was really surprised by how delicious this was.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.