Roasted Eggplant Spread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Toasted baguette slices or assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix first four ingredients. Place vegetables in a large bowl; toss with oil mixture. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Roast vegetables until softened and lightly browned, 45-50 minutes, stirring once.
- Transfer to a food processor; cool slightly. Add tomato paste; pulse just until blended (mixture should be chunky).
- Transfer to a bowl; cool completely. Serve with toasted baguette.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup spread: 84 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 28, 2013
I wing recipes, don't measure much. Used more garlic than called for, and added about 2 tsp cumin powder when blending. Nice flavors, not difficult.
Dec 5, 2012
I love this recipe ~ and the best part is it is super easy to make
Nov 4, 2012
This was good. I liked the combination of flavors.
Jul 21, 2012
Good flavor, next time I might add a little chili powder, cumin and red pepper for a little more kick. But otherwise, a great all-veggie dip and a nice alternative to high-fat dips.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.