Roasted Chicken and Brie Holly Mini Bites
I got the idea for these appetizers from my favorite sandwich at a local restaurant—a symphony of sweet fig, roasted apple, melted brie and tangy garlic mayonnaise. I re-created this delectable combination in a quick appetizer with bright red cranberries and green spinach to give it a holiday twist. These scrumptious bites only take about 20 minutes, but taste like you spent hours; you can also make them a few days in advance, then warm them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds before serving. They're the perfect party appetizer! —Terri Gilson, Calgary, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Broil: 5 min. + cooling
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 12 slices deli chicken, halved
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 cup fig preserves
- 24 fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 ounces mini Brie cheese wheel
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat broiler. Cut baguette into 24 slices; place on foil-lined baking sheets. Combine mayonnaise and garlic; spread evenly over baguette slices. Add a half slice of chicken to each. Combine apple jelly and fig preserves; spread evenly over chicken.
- Add one baby spinach leaf to each slice. Standing the Brie wheel on end, cut crosswise into six narrow slices. Lay slices flat; cut each into four wedges. Add one cheese wedge to each baguette. Top with 3 cranberries. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 98 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Roasted chicken and Brie holly mini bites: in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018