I got the idea for these appetizers from my favorite sandwich at a local restaurant—a symphony of sweet fig, roasted apple, melted brie and tangy garlic mayonnaise. I recreated this delectable combination in a quick appetizer with bright red cranberries and green spinach to give it a holiday twist. These scrumptious bites only take about 20 minutes, but taste like you spent hours; you can also make them a few days in advance, then warm them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds before serving. They're the perfect holiday party appetizer! —Terri Gilson, Calgary, Alberta
Recommended: 52 Vintage Christmas Dishes Worth Trying Today
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 12 slices deli chicken, halved
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 cup fig preserves
- 24 fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 ounces mini Brie cheese wheel
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat broiler. Cut baguette into 24 slices; place on foil-lined baking sheets. Combine mayonnaise and garlic; spread evenly over baguette slices. Add a half slice of chicken to each. Combine apple jelly and fig preserves; spread evenly over chicken.
- Add one baby spinach leaf to each slice. Standing the Brie wheel on end, cut crosswise into six narrow slices. Lay slices flat; cut each into four wedges. Add one cheese wedge to each baguette. Top with 3 cranberries. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Roasted Chicken and Brie Holly Mini Bites in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2018