Quicker Lemon Angel Food Supreme
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, adding lemon zest and extract. Bake according to package directions. After baking, immediately invert pan and cool completely. For the sauce, combine the pie filling, milk, lemon juice and extract in a bowl; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Serve with cake. Store sauce in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 291 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 31, 2015
Delicious recipe for all of us lemon-lovers! Will be making this treat again for our Easter dessert!
Oct 13, 2014
And I made it even quicker than this!: I bought a ready-made angel food cake and made the sauce (without extract) to serve along side the cake. I work full time with 3 kids and need to have foods made in a jiffy, especially on an activity night. All 3 kids have gobbled this up!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.