- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, divided into 14 portions
- 7 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together first 6 ingredients and 1/2 cup sugar. In another bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, sour cream, melted butter and 3 tablespoons preserves until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full with batter. Place a portion of cream cheese and about 3/4 teaspoon preserves in each muffin; cover with remaining batter. Sprinkle with almonds and remaining sugar.
- Bake until top springs back when touched, 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 muffin: 243 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.