Jumbo Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans. Fill six greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 660 calories, 30g fat (7g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 89g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Oct 5, 2017
I made these to take into a meeting and they were a hit. I used homemade pumpkin pie spice and the flavor was perfect. They bake up as beautiful jumbo muffins. I did not use liners. The streusel topping makes the muffin. Everyone who had one loved them. I like that it makes only 6. I omitted the pecans from the batter and just used them in the topping. Definitely a keeper!~Volunteer Field Editor
Dec 18, 2015
I saw the previous review that said these were dense and thought maybe these would be good as mini loaves of bread (as gifts for the holidays). While they tasted pretty good, I definitely think these would work better as muffins. In one of the loaves I put in dark chocolate chips and it tasted SO good. I will probably make these again, as muffins, and add in the chocolate chips.
Oct 5, 2014
I liked the texture of these muffins and used my own mixture of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg instead of pumpkin pie spice. Will add more next time for more flavor. I also liked that they were not overly sweet.
Nov 30, 2013
After reading the reviews about "too bland", I noticed I was out of vanilla, but had almond and wow what a great taste...pecans, pumpkin and almond flavoring...good choice. thanks...
May 28, 2013
I have made these muffins multiple times. I don't have a jumbo muffin pan so I made them regular muffin size and added mini chocolate chips. So good!
Oct 27, 2012
Received rave reviews at home and the office! Very moist!
Apr 20, 2012
My husband and I thought the texture was off, too dense for us. They also lacked flavor in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, they did get eaten but just not what I expected.
Oct 19, 2011
Sorry, they were lacking flavor for me.
Oct 6, 2011
Wonderful, I hate to tweek a great recipe, but it was great w/ o nuts too. Amazing, my daughter said!
Sep 12, 2011
These are so good! Perfect with a cup of coffee on a cool morning...or warm morning...or for a snack...haha!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.