Pumpkin-Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Combine eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill 18 greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. For topping, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle 1 teaspoon over each muffin.
- Bake at 350° until a toothpick comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 243 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 16, 2019
Besides the pumpkin spice, I added extra cinnamon. I made these in 8 mini loaves. These will make great gifts.
Nov 8, 2019
Made exactly as the recipe stated (except I didn’t quite have enough apples) but these were delicious! I rated them as a 4 only because they were a lot of work for me with little kids but wild make again. Was wondering if these muffins would be ok to freeze?
Oct 31, 2019
I used the whole can of pumpkin, 2 c. of white whole wheat flour along with ½ c. all purpose, and did not peel the apples. Instead of the topping I used cinnamon sugar and chopped pecans. Having the pecans on top toasted them as the muffins baked. Yum!
Nov 4, 2018
These were really good. Had them available for guests for a self-serve breakfast. Everyone commented on how good they are. Followed the recipe as it was written. Making them again.
Oct 1, 2018
Delicious! A Fall favorite for sure with pumpkin and apple. Tender and super moist. The addition of chopped pecans would be great.
Oct 28, 2017
I've been making these for many years and it's a family favorite. I often add nuts and substitute the oil with applesauce.
Oct 1, 2017
A nice moist, light muffin. I followed the recipe exactly except that I baked them in a mini muffin pan baking for 11 minutes. Definitely keeping this recipe!
Sep 25, 2017
I've been making these muffins for over 20 years and my family loves them. I cut the sugar in half, I use 1 cup and leave the streusel topping as is. These are one of my favorites.
Jan 4, 2017
These are very moist. Everyone loves them. I reduced the sugar to 1 1/2 cup. I used a little less pumpkin pie spice. For regular size muffins, they take 20 minutes to bake. For the minis, it takes 11 minutes.
Dec 30, 2016
These were really good. Will definitely make again