Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 10 red candied cherries, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Stir in pumpkin. Combine the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in the pecans, dates, raisins and cherries.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. If desired, top with additional chopped pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 453 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 15, 2011
This is a wonderful cake, I made it for a Christmas gathering of a few friends, they all wanted the recipe, the only change that I made, I added a few more candied Cherries, dates and raisins, I decorated it with red and green candied cherries and Christmas colored sprinkles, it also made a beautiful cake. I will be making this cake again for Christmas day with family.
Dec 15, 2011
This is a wonderful cake, I made it for a Christmas gathering of a few friends, they all wanted the recipe, the only change that I made, I added a few more candied Cherries, dates and raisins, I decorated it with red and green candied cherries and Christmas colored sprinkles, it also made a beautiful cake, will definately makethis cake again for this Christmas day.
Nov 3, 2011
Declicious, very moist