Apple-Raisin Bundt Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, cloves and cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1-3/4 cups raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons whole milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in jam. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; add into creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in the raisins, walnuts and apple. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 426 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
May 8, 2016
I did everything as written except subbed out the butter for 3/8C mashed banana (which for me was about 1 banana). It didn't affect the overall taste TOO much, but we could still taste just a bit of the banana flavor. Not sure if it's because of that substitution, but this cake was THICK. It's like a thick bread, or a fruit cake. It still tastes delicious though!! Next time if I use banana again I will cut back a bit on the sugar. I believe I used a Fuji apple, and 1 medium apple was enough for the 3/4C. Also, I will cut down on the raisins and add in more apple next time. I baked mine for about 54 minutes (our oven runs a bit hot). The glaze was also perfect for this dish. I had to add just a bit more milk to get it to the right consistency. Maybe next time I'll try adding in vanilla or rum extract to the glaze. I will make this again!Update: This was so thick and so sugary we didn't wind up eating all of it. I think if I cut back on the sugar quite a bit, it will be a lot more appetizing. Probably a better dessert for winter as well, with how heavy it is. I'd still rate it 5 stars since it's delicious!
Oct 25, 2014
this cake is to die for
Nov 11, 2013
Excellent. Reminds me a bit of fruitcake ( a good one)
Jan 2, 2013
I made the bread a day early and it was perfect the day of the brunch. The left overs even tasted great 4 days later!
Sep 21, 2011
I had some extra apples that needed using and came across this recipe and gave it a try. It was wonderful--easy and tasty. My mom liked it so well she has requested it for her birthday this year.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.