Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 5 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- WALNUT SAUCE:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating just until combined.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing form pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For sauce, combine brown sugar, cream, corn syrup and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and vanilla. Serve warm over the cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 531 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 24, 2017
We love the flavor of the pound cake. We used pecans instead of walnuts here. The sauce is to die for!!!
Jun 14, 2016
Excellent pound cake - super elicious. I subbed 1-1/2 tsp. Penzey's Pie Spice for the cinnamon, ginger and cloves (Penzey's Pie Spice is a fantastic blend of 4 kinds of cinnamon, vanilla sugar, mace, ginger, nutmeg, anise seed and clove). I also reduced the sugar to 2-1/2 cups. This pound cake had great texture. I omitted the walnut sauce since I was taking it to a BBQ potluck and I didn't want to fuss with it after placing it on the buffet table.
Oct 25, 2015
to kiersie - recipe states 1 CUP canned pumpkin. it doesn't matter what size can you buy, just use ONE CUP. P.S. it's DELICIOUS, LOVE IT.
Oct 25, 2015
sounds delicious. I have not made it yet ... I have a question...what size can of pumpkin? A 28 ounce can or a 14 ounce one? I need to know this before I start. Might be a good idea to put sizes (or amounts in cups) in the ingredients instead of just saying can...duh...I was busy looking at all of the recipes posted for pumpkin cakes and I read this one 3 or 4 times before I posted my comment. It was not until after I hit post that I realized that it did say 1 cup in this recipe...just ignore the question I asked and laugh at my expense
Nov 17, 2012
This is a "DELICIOUS" pound-cake recipe! Extremely moist, and makes 2 loaves.
Nov 17, 2012
This is a "FABULISCIOUS" poundcake recipe! Extremely moist, and makes 2 loaves.
Oct 2, 2012
This was fantastic!! Loved it even more than pumpkin bread. Very easy to make.
Nov 24, 2011
Absolutely wonderful! My favorite holiday treat:)