- 3 large eggs, rom temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped California Walnuts
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Add pumpkin and lemon juice. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; fold into the pumpkin mixture.
- Grease a 15x10x1-in. baking pan and line with parchment. Grease and flour the paper. Spread batter into pan; sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately turn out onto a clean dish towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in towel, starting with a short end. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Carefully unroll the cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and chill until serving. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 365 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 22, 2019
I'd never made a pumpkin roll before. This was easy, and delicious
Oct 24, 2019
I left out the nuts and this was perfect. I like this recipe because you don't have to beat the egg whites seperately and then fold them in. Super easy and delicious!
Jan 21, 2019
I just made my first pumpkin roll and I have a question it is very good and so is the cream cheese icing I only a one split and it wasn't bad but I notice when you roll it up in a towel covered with powder sugar it still splits and it seems like the towel gets so damp is there a solution for that!
Oct 9, 2018
Great Pumpkin Roll. Some times I will use whipping cream with a little Pumpkin spice instead of the Cream Cheese. Wife has me make it a couple of times a year!
Oct 10, 2016
I made this today to see if it indeed was that easy to master...and to my surprise it was. I am definitely making this cake roll! delicious and easy!!!
Mar 24, 2016
This is a great recipe. Mastering the roll takes time and patience, even if it doesn't look the greatest it will get eaten. I use the 8oz. bricks of cream cheese since that is what I find on sale around the holidays. My family would rather have this than the pumpkin pie. I usually make 2, one for the walnut lovers and one with out.
Nov 11, 2015
My family loves this, especially my dad! I didn't make it one year at Thanksgiving and everybody said "Where's the pumpkin cake roll???"
Jul 29, 2015
This was my first try on a pumpkin roll. My friend used to make them and it looked complicating to me so I never made it for myself, but I'm glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried it. We loved it so my family will be eating this at Thanksgiving as well
Nov 5, 2014
This has a very mild pumpkin taste. If one likes more pumpkin flavor, this cake isn't the one. This is also, very easy to make.
Sep 9, 2014
I found this quick and easy for a cake roll and also very tasty.