Pork Tenderloins with Wild Rice
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve whole grain brown and wild rice medley
- 1-3/4 cups frozen broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope pork gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Make a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the rice, vegetables, apricots, parsley and seasonings.
- Remove plastic; spread rice mixture over meat. Close tenderloins; tie with kitchen string. Place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the water, gravy mix, mustard and sage. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley.
- Brush 2 tablespoons gravy over tenderloins. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 15 minutes. Discard string; cut each tenderloin into nine slices. Serve with remaining gravy.
Nutrition Facts3 slices with 2 tablespoons gravy: 293 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Jun 25, 2012
Looks pretty. Average taste. A lot of work for little flavor.
May 30, 2012
Wow this was good. I didn't know about the apricots, but it made it. When I make it again I will serve the rice on the side and cook the tenderloin by it self. It was a lot of work. The gravy is excellent.
Feb 26, 2012
A friend made this recipe for a dinner gathering and it was fantastic. I would definitely make this myself.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.