Pork Tenderloins with Wild Rice
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve whole grain brown and wild rice medley
- 1-3/4 cups frozen broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope pork gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Make a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the rice, vegetables, apricots, parsley and seasonings.
- Remove plastic; spread rice mixture over meat. Close tenderloins; tie with kitchen string. Place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the water, gravy mix, mustard and sage. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley.
- Brush 2 tablespoons gravy over tenderloins. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 15 minutes. Discard string; cut each tenderloin into nine slices. Serve with remaining gravy.
Nutrition Facts3 slices with 2 tablespoons gravy: 293 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 25, 2012
Looks pretty. Average taste. A lot of work for little flavor.
May 30, 2012
Wow this was good. I didn't know about the apricots, but it made it. When I make it again I will serve the rice on the side and cook the tenderloin by it self. It was a lot of work. The gravy is excellent.
Feb 26, 2012
A friend made this recipe for a dinner gathering and it was fantastic. I would definitely make this myself.