- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (8 ounces each and 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 jar (32 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the sauerkraut and brown sugar. Top with pork chops, green pepper and onion. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPork Chops with Sauerkraut
"I only used about half of the brown sugar and would leave if out next time. Didn't enjoy the sweetness. I did add a cut up red potato on top with a little salt and pepper. Good"
"I would not make it for me, but everyone else enjoyed it tremendously. And I mean everyone. Maybe I don't like sauerkraut as much as I thought. To reiterate, it was highly popular with everyone else (5 other people who do like sauerkraut)."
"I always not only drain sauerkraut, but also rinse it well: it's sour enugh! I had mashed potatoes with this dish and it was perfect."
"Awful...ended up costing me ingredients and $25 for pizza...it was that bad!!! My husband who will eat anything took one bite and could not choke it down...had the perfect pork chops too...its a shame they had to be thrown in the trash. What a waste!!!"