Pork Chops with Sauerkraut
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (8 ounces each )
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (32 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the sauerkraut and brown sugar. Top with the pork chops, green pepper and onion.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with a slotted spoon.
1 each: 361 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 1536mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 7g fiber), 12g protein.
Jan 1, 2018
Delicious...replacing my original pork and kraut recipe. Love it!!!!!
Sep 13, 2012
I only used about half of the brown sugar and would leave if out next time. Didn't enjoy the sweetness. I did add a cut up red potato on top with a little salt and pepper. Good
Aug 21, 2012
I would not make it for me, but everyone else enjoyed it tremendously. And I mean everyone. Maybe I don't like sauerkraut as much as I thought. To reiterate, it was highly popular with everyone else (5 other people who do like sauerkraut).
May 15, 2012
This is a yummy, simple slow cooker recipe. I didn't have a green pepper, so I used a red pepper instead. I think the red pepper was delicious! This is a cheap meal, and my husband really liked it. I served it with salad and homemade mashed potatoes.
Feb 9, 2012
I always not only drain sauerkraut, but also rinse it well: it's sour enugh! I had mashed potatoes with this dish and it was perfect.
Aug 22, 2011
Awful...ended up costing me ingredients and $25 for pizza...it was that bad!!! My husband who will eat anything took one bite and could not choke it down...had the perfect pork chops too...its a shame they had to be thrown in the trash. What a waste!!!
Sep 14, 2009