"This is a variation of a main dish that my dad always made," writes Cindy Glancy of Point Pleasant, New Jersey. "I now add some special touches of my own when I make it for my husband and two children. The tender chops are fast to fix on a weeknight."
Recommended: 17 Slow Cooker Pork Chop Recipes for Busy Days
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each), trimmed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. add pork chops; brown on both sides. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, wine or broth, oregano and pepper; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops in Tomato Sauce in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p56