- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds pork chop suey meat or pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- Lettuce and tomatoes, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in beef, pork, green peppers and onions. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Shred meat with two forks. Serve on buns, with lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forPork and Beef Barbecue
"I'm giving this recipe five stars because it was delicious and really easy to throw together. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out because it seemed like a lot of peppers. However, I trusted the other reviewers who said it worked and it really did. I used two green peppers and one red. I kept everything else the same. I used the full 1/4 cup of chili powder and it wasn't too spice at all. Actually we ended up spreading a horseradish cream sauce on the sandwiches which was wonderful. I used lettuce but no tomato. I served it with coleslaw. My grocery store had both pork and beef stew meat, so I used this. It was done in 6 hours on low heat. I will be making again."
"This was very easy and tasted great. It also made the house smell great while cooking . I used a frozen pepper and onion blend. We don't like spicy food so instead of chilli powder I used mild chilli seasoning.i served it with slaw, baked beans and a pickle."
"This recipe was very good. I followed the recipe exactly and the meat was tender after 6 hours in the slow cooker on low. I love green pepper and onion and this recipe calls for a lot of each. I was nervous to add that large amount but it worked! My husband, myself and our 26-year old son loved it."
"I am still surprised that I made Barbecue and didn't use sauce from a jar or bottle since this was my first time making it myself. My husband and I both enjoyed it and I will be making it again. I went a little light on the chili powder since I don't like spicy and it had just enough kick for me. Too much for my 3.5 yr old though. Super easy!!!"
"I was a little concerned that this wouldn't turn out good when I was making it and that it would be too spicy for my 1 and 4 year olds. But it was very good and they both liked it, too. It was a simple and easy recipe to make."