Pinto Bean Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, mash beans with a fork; stir in 3/4 teaspoon salt, pepper and pepper sauce. Spread onto a 12-in. serving plate.
- Mash avocados with lemon juice and remaining salt; spread over bean mixture. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning; spread over avocado layer.
- Sprinkle with onions, tomatoes, cheese and olives. Serve with tortilla chips.
Jun 2, 2017
Has anyone made this with cans of refried beans? If so, how did it turn out?
Aug 11, 2016
Tasted way better the next day! Mix individual layers the night before then put together early.
Sep 8, 2014
Very pretty and delicious dip. Great for tailgating or mexican themed party!
Jun 18, 2014
One of my favorite go-to recipes for potluck gatherings . . . and sometimes at home, we just make a meal out of it!
Jan 30, 2012
This bean dip is so yummy, my co wokers beg me to bring this on appetizer days.
Jul 19, 2008
This was fantastic. Everyone at my party raved about it. I have been sharing the recipe with many friends. Thank you.Susan
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.