Warm Black Bean Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Tortilla chips
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add beans; mash gently. Stir in the tomato, picante sauce, cumin and chili powder. Cook and stir just until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in cheese, cilantro and lime juice. Serve warm with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 73 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 19, 2019
Always looking for something different to serve for a party I host every year. This was a delicious addition to the buffet table. I served it with chips and bread chunks!
Jan 18, 2015
Not really a make ahead dish but good.
Jan 9, 2014
Have made this for years! It's a hit everytime!
Jul 25, 2011
Made this for a party. Very good, excellent flavor. Everyone loved it!
Dec 26, 2010
I made it for a Christmas gathering. Everybody loved it! I would definitely make it again.
Feb 1, 2010
Have made this for get-togethers and everyone loves it. The lime juice and cilantro give it a very fresh taste. Delicious!