- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 8 slices process American cheese or pepper jack cheese
- 8 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine first six ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 7 hours. Stir in peppers; cook, covered, until meat and peppers are tender, 1-3 hours.
- Stir to break up meat. Serve beef mixture and cheese on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPhilly Cheese Sandwiches
"Loved how simple this was to put together! I did have to add some more seasoning though to bump up the flavor to our liking, but it is a good base recipe. I used provolone cheese and it went perfectly with the meat - the sandwiches were delicious!"