Slow-Cooked Pot Roast Sliders
This recipe reminds me of my mom’s famous pot roast. Best of all, these sandwiches are simple to make, with only five ingredients. I love that I can enjoy the flavors of Mom’s roast with the delicious portability of a slider. —Lauren Drafke, Cape Coral, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) onion soup mix
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) au jus gravy mix
- 2 packages (12 ounces each ) Hawaiian sweet rolls, halved
- 12 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each), cut in half
- Sliced tomato, baby arugula and horseradish sauce, optional
- Place roast in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together water, and the soup and gravy mixes. Pour seasoning mixture over roast. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 5-6 hours. Remove from cooker. Cool slightly; shred meat with 2 forks.
- Preheat broiler. Place halved rolls on a baking sheet. On each bottom half, place cheese piece. Broil buns 4-6 inches from heat until cheese is melted and rolls start to brown, 1-2 minutes. Remove from broiler. Using tongs, place meat mixture on roll bottoms. If desired, layer with tomato, baby arugula and horseradish sauce. Replace roll tops.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts2 sliders: 487 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 721mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.