- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup diced peeled peaches
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water and extracts. Stir in peaches. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool or 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forPeach Cobbler Bread
"I've made this bread 3 times now - absolutely delicious!! So says everyone who has tried as well!! Thanks for sharing :)"
"This recipe is awesome, thank you for sharing it. I omitted the pecans for our kids, although I am sure it's sooooooo delicious with them. :) I make homemade vanilla and used about 1 Tablespoon instead of a teaspoon and I tripled the peaches....love, love the flavor, just wasn't sure 1 cup would add enough. I like that this recipe doesn't use oil and uses a minimal amt. of butter. It's superb and is going to stay in my go to recipe file! Thanks again for sharing it. One loaf doesn't last long, back to making more!!!! :)"
"This loaf is delicious! So Peachy & tender!!! My son is not a pecan fan, so I omitted them & made a glaze out of brown sugar, water & vanilla to drizzle over top. Will definitely make this again."
"My family was a little underwhelmed with the peach flavor in this recipe....even though we used fresh, ripe peaches. The consistency was right on though and we enjoyed the extra crunch of the topping. Probably not going to be a go to recipe, but was nice for a change of pace."
"We have some glorious peaches, in SC. This year, we are rolling in them. I found this recipe, but tweaked it just a little. For my topping, I used Brown Sugar & 1/2 cup of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal (Almond). The results are outstanding! I immediately baked a second loaf & put it in the freezer. This will be going in my recipe box. It's a keeper!!!"
"Sounds yummy! Does this have a nice strong peach flavor?"
"Great recipe. I have made this bread three times in two weeks. I used less sugar and made into 3 mini loaves or 12 muffins. They all turned out beautifully. Friends and family love it. My new favorite!"
"Big hit at our house. I cut the sugar in half because my family prefers less sweet breads and I thought that with the sweetness of the peaches, 1 c. of sugar would be too much. We really enjoyed it."
"Fantastic! The recipe is right though, don't remove the loaf from the pan for 10-15 minutes!"