Peach Blackberry Pavlovas
It's hard to decide whether it's the presentation or taste that makes this pretty dessert tops. Fresh berries rest on a pillow of homemade meringue for a finale that sums up why we love summer in one delicious bite. —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons peach schnapps liqueur
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional fresh blackberries
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add the vanilla, cream of tartar and salt; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- Drop meringue into six mounds on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Shape into 3-1/2-in. cups with the back of a spoon. Bake at 225° until set and dry, 1 to 1-1/4 hours. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1-1/2 hours.
- In a large saucepan, combine the peaches, blackberries, sugar and liqueur. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until sugar is dissolved, 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon fruit mixture into meringue shells; top with whipped cream. Garnish with additional blackberries.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 419 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (79g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.