Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Place egg whites in a large bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment; draw a 10-in. circle on paper. Invert paper.
- Preheat oven to 300°. Add cream of tartar to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold in cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Spoon meringue onto prepared pan; with the back of a spoon, shape into a 10-in. circle, forming a shallow well in the center. Bake until meringue is set and dry, 45-55 minutes. Turn off oven (do not open oven door); leave meringue in oven 1 hour. Remove from oven; cool completely on baking sheet.
- To serve, toss berries with 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- Remove meringue from parchment; place on a serving plate. Spoon whipped cream over top, forming a slight well in the center. Top with berries.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 208 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
Jun 14, 2019
I’ve made Pavlova before years ago when we had an exchange student from Australia living with us. It was an amazing very light dessert. Now is the perfect time to make it with all the summer fruits out now. I love to top it with strawberries, raspberries etc. but I will try it with peaches etc now that all fruit is yummy now. It’s a great dessert to bring to someone’s house. If you like light and easy dessert now please make this. You’ll be very happy you did!