Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6.09 ounces) rice pilaf
- 1-1/2 cups ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Microwave rice pilaf according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, onion, garlic and Cajun seasoning in butter until onion is tender. Stir in the corn, peas, shrimp and prepared pilaf; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 508 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 1884mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 6g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 27, 2013
I've made this twice: once exactly as stated and a second time with a few changes. The changes I made were to add saffron, more Cajun seasoning, and make it with chicken and sausage instead of shrimp. I found that, even with the revisions, I still don't care for it. I wasn't expecting authentic Paella, obviously, but it's just a little too bland for us.
Jan 14, 2010
Tried this tonight. It was easy to put together. It had good flavor. I used Southwest corn which includes black beans, instead of the mexi-corn. We'll have this again.
Jan 12, 2010
This recipe was easy to make and tasted great. Glad I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow! I will definitely make this again.