Total TimePrep: 55 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes24 servings (1 cup each)
- 3 pounds uncooked skinless turkey breast, cubed
- 4 pounds uncooked chorizo, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- 4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon saffron threads or 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and chorizo in oil in batches until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onions and red pepper until tender. Add garlic and cayenne; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomato puree and wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer to a stock pot. Stir in the water, rice, broth, salt, thyme, saffron, bay leaf, turkey and chorizo. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add shrimp; cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; discard bay leaf. Stir in olives and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 536 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 159mg cholesterol, 1430mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 30, 2018
I've tried lots of Paella recipes, but this one really is the BEST. I use 1 lb. boneless chicken breast in place of turkey breast, 1 lb. of fresh kielbasa in place of the chorizo, 1/2 lb. of medium shrimp