Pasta with Basil
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked small tube pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in basil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Drain pasta; add to basil mixture. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese just until it begins to melt. Serve immediately.
Jan 29, 2014
Making for first time for supper tonite. Ma very well use idea from previous post about using fresh mushrooms and another herb to add more *delicious*.
Nov 12, 2010
Dec 15, 2008
Added 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms and a couple cloves of garlic to the onion and sauted the whole mess. That was good. I would double or triple the veggies though, if I made this again. The overall effect without the veggies was quite bland.