- 2 small broccoli crowns (about 8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cut broccoli crowns into quarters from top to bottom. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with seasonings. Place in a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. pan.
- Roast until crisp-tender, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with garlic; roast 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; roast until cheese is melted and stalks of broccoli are tender, 2-4 minutes more. Sprinkle with lemon zest. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forParmesan Roasted Broccoli
"I made with a bag of cauluflower and broccoli. Great flavor, nice side dish!"
"I made this dish without the lemon zest because I didn't have any at the time and it was still delicious! The broccoli did start to burn a bit by the end, but I needed to keep it in because it wasn't tender yet. Next time I'll lower the oven temp and see if that helps. I ommited the red pepper flakes because I'm not a fan of "spicy foods". Also, I used minced garlic instead of slivered, seemed to work out fine. I'm looking forward to trying this again WITH the zest!"
"I roast broccoli all of the time but this was the first time for lemon zest included. While I may not do this all of the time, I will definitely try to remember."
"We eat broccoli often in our house, and love it. I usually steam it and then sprinkle it with butter and parmesan, but now we like it better roasted. The lemon zest and garlic add a nice touch. Super easy side dish and delicious.This is definitely something I will make again!Volunteer Field Editor"
"So, so good! Layer upon layer of my favorite flavors."
"This was a good change of pace for broccoli. I would serve it to company."