Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese or Brie cheese with herbs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Assorted crackers and/or fresh fruit
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg and water. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip Brie in egg mixture, turning to coat all sides; coat with crumb mixture. Repeat.
- In a small skillet, cook Brie in oil over medium heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Serve with crackers and/or fresh fruit.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 202 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Apr 28, 2013
When doing this recipe or any other that covers a round of Brie do you remove rind?
Feb 25, 2013
Do you suggest removing the rind first?
Feb 24, 2013
I love any recipe where the main ingredient is Brie or Camembert!
Feb 24, 2013
I don't recall ever seeing an 'appetizer' disappear as quickly as this one. Only good thing was I had the ingredients to make a second one ... bless toaster ovens.
May 1, 2011
When I made this, it was gone in a blink of an eye! I was shocked. Definately will make this again!
Dec 31, 2010
I made this for my cookie swap two years ago and again last year. I couldn't remember the name of the recipe last year, but remembered the ingredients so tried it from memory. Both times it was a hit. It gets requested for all my parties now. The cheese will ooze out very nicely once you cut it and is oh, so good.