Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese or Brie cheese with herbs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Assorted crackers and/or fresh fruit
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg and water. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip Brie in egg mixture, turning to coat all sides; coat with crumb mixture. Repeat.
- In a small skillet, cook Brie in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with crackers and/or fresh fruit.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 202 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Apr 28, 2013
When doing this recipe or any other that covers a round of Brie do you remove rind?
Feb 25, 2013
Do you suggest removing the rind first?
Feb 24, 2013
I love any recipe where the main ingredient is Brie or Camembert!
Feb 24, 2013
I don't recall ever seeing an 'appetizer' disappear as quickly as this one. Only good thing was I had the ingredients to make a second one ... bless toaster ovens.
May 1, 2011
When I made this, it was gone in a blink of an eye! I was shocked. Definately will make this again!
Dec 31, 2010
I made this for my cookie swap two years ago and again last year. I couldn't remember the name of the recipe last year, but remembered the ingredients so tried it from memory. Both times it was a hit. It gets requested for all my parties now. The cheese will ooze out very nicely once you cut it and is oh, so good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.