This pizza has a hearty bread-like crust and toppings to resemble a Parcheesi game board. In each corner, there is a large slice of salami to mimic the game's starting circles. Strips of onions and red pepper form the paths around the board...and sliced olives serve as the pawns.—Leslie Dumm, Clevemand Heights, Ohio
Recommended: Pizza-Flavored Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound frozen bread dough
- 4 thin slices salami
- 1 to 2 medium onions
- 1 to 2 large sweet red peppers
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 to 6 pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
- Thaw dough according to package directions. Cut the salami into 2-1/2-in. rounds. Cut onions and red peppers into 2-in. x 1/2-in. strips.
- On a lightly greased baking sheet, roll dough into a 12-in. square. Spread with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange the salami, onion and pepper over top to resemble a Parcheesi board.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Top with olives. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Par-Cheesy Pizza in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p13