- 7 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, Italian seasoning and pepper; mix well. Pour over bread. Crumble sausage over top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forOvernight Sausage Strata
"Very easy to make. I forgot to leave bread out so had to use it fresh vs. dried cubes and it still turned out great. I substituted ground deer meat that my son took this year, which I am not a huge fan of. However, with these seasonings the dish didn't taste gamey at all. I will make this again for sure."
"easy to make. A big hit with my family."