Overnight Sausage and Grits
This recipe is so appealing because you can make it the night before and then pop it into the oven an hour before you want to eat. It works well as a side with pancakes or waffles, but you can also make it the main course for brunch events. —Susan Ham, Cleveland, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 3 cups hot cooked grits
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix grits, cheese and sausage. Beat eggs and milk; stir into grits. Add butter and garlic powder. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove dish from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.