Orange Rice Pilaf
This is a delicious and different way to prepare rice. I usually make this recipe whenever I have guests. It makes a fabulous side dish served with just about any entree.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute celery, onion and orange zest in butter until tender but not brown. Add salt. Combine orange juice and water; add to celery mixture. Bring to a boil. Stir in the rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 166 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Orange Rice Pilaf in Country Extra July 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.