- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk the egg, milk, orange juice, oil and orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in the cranberries and apple.
Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaves in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews forOrange Cranberry Bread
"The combination of sweet and tart in this recipe is amazingly wonderful. I used Splenda for baking and Carbmaster fat free milk in place of the sugars and 2% milk because I'm on Weightwatchers, and used self-rising flour with a little added baking powder because that's what I had on hand. Turned out amazing! I'll definitely save this recipe and make it again."
"I halved the recipe since I didn't need quite so much, but accidentally didn't halve the amount of apple called for and this still turned out fantastic! I also used an entire bag of fresh cranberries chopped finely. These were a hit!"
"WOW, this is best orange cranberry bread ever! I used walnuts inplace of the apples and added an extra 1/4 cup OJ and used dried cranberriesand it was simply delicious!"
"Best cranberry bread I ever made. Great with butter, ice cream, Cool Whip or cream cheese."
"you"ve got a Winner here. Very Good! It`s nice to know us men can cook to. Great Job!"
"Great with whole wheat flour. Skim milk worked fine.~ Theresa"
"I've been making this recipe for over 45 years and it's still one of my familys favorites during the holidays with a cup of tea or coffee."
"i made this during Christmas time and it is really good!!!!"