Orange Zucchini Bread
These moist mini loaves have pretty flecks of green from the zucchini. I won first place at the Ohio State Fair with this recipe! —Pat Woolley, Jackson Center, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makes4 mini loaves
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and oil. Add sugar; mix well. Stir in the lemon zest, orange zest and extracts. Add zucchini; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger and baking soda; stir into zucchini mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to four greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 275 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 15, 2013
Really good. Cooked for 30 min. No lemons so I substituted orange. I used Pecans instead of Walnuts I like the orange flavor with this bread.
Mar 2, 2009
I like the orange and ginger combination. very tasty!