Orange Zucchini Bread
These moist mini loaves have pretty flecks of green from the zucchini. I won first place at the Ohio State Fair with this recipe! —Pat Woolley, Jackson Center, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makes4 mini loaves
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and oil. Add sugar; mix well. Stir in the lemon zest, orange zest and extracts. Add zucchini; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger and baking soda; stir into zucchini mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to four greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 275 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Zucchini Bread in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Sep 15, 2013
Really good. Cooked for 30 min. No lemons so I substituted orange. I used Pecans instead of Walnuts I like the orange flavor with this bread.
Mar 2, 2009
I like the orange and ginger combination. very tasty!