Orange Chocolate Chip Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 servings)
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest (about 1 medium orange)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Boiling water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Place orange zest in a small bowl. Pour juice in a measuring cup; add enough boiling water to measure 1 cup. Pour over orange zest; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the egg, butter, vanilla and reserved orange mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 177 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 27, 2014
So easy to make! I had some oranges on the verge of being thrown away so I used their juice instead of store bought orange juice! YUMMMY!!!
Oct 13, 2013
good good for mi
May 26, 2010
My husband thought this was really good. I thought it was different, kind of like the orange chocolate slices they have around Christmas. If you like those, this is the same kind of taste.