Orange Yogurt Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add yogurt, orange juice and zest. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil if top browns to quickly. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled bread.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 231 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 21, 2011
I've never seen a recipe like this one. Very yummy!~ Theresa
Sep 18, 2010
This is definitely a keeper. Many of my customers request this bread. The only change I made to the original recipe is that I use orange yogurt instead of plain. It comes out nice and tall, slices well and has a wonderful flavor. Will make this for years to come.