Orange Yogurt Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add yogurt, orange juice and zest. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil if top browns to quickly. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled bread.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 231 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 21, 2011
I've never seen a recipe like this one. Very yummy!~ Theresa
Sep 18, 2010
This is definitely a keeper. Many of my customers request this bread. The only change I made to the original recipe is that I use orange yogurt instead of plain. It comes out nice and tall, slices well and has a wonderful flavor. Will make this for years to come.