One-Pot Saucy Beef Rotini
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat rotini (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook the first five ingredients over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain.
- Add pasta sauce, salt and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rotini; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally. Serve with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 414 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 8g fiber), 28g protein.
Sep 10, 2019
Really simple and easy to make. I love anything that involves less dishes. I agree the flavor left a little to be desired but it really depends on the sauce you’re using. I typically make my sauce but I used just a jarred marinara. I think it’d be outstanding with an aribatta sauce or with Italian sausage. Also, try throwing a chicken bouillon in.
Aug 10, 2017
My husband and I both liked this. A nice change from plain old soaghetti and sauce.
Oct 6, 2016
I think this is easy and yummy for a weeknight meal. I serve it with fresh Italian bread. I use regular pasta and not whole wheat. I love that it only dirties one dish.
Jun 4, 2016
Quick dinner but I also left out mushrooms and added cheese. Not sure I will make again.
May 1, 2016
Yuck! No flavor. I was soooo hungry but even that did not make it tasty.
Feb 23, 2016
This really had no flavor. I had to put loads of cheese on it to make it edible. My three kids wouldn't touch it either.
Feb 4, 2016
I always look for the quick and easy dishes for week nights when I'm rushed. This one filled the bill. I used a pound of hamburger which was perfect. I feed a non-mushroom lover so I left them out. I think they are important to the texture of the dish so I really missed them. Still, it was yummy and made plenty for leftovers.
Dec 6, 2015
I had a 24-ounce jar of pasta sauce, so I used 1/2 cup less water. I also had regular - not whole wheat - pasta, so it took longer to cook. But it turned out well, and the family enjoyed it. Ease of preparation is a plus!