One-Pan Rotini with Tomato Cream Sauce
I like to make one-pan recipes and this one was proclaimed a winner by my family. And it's easy to clean up! Serve with crusty bread to dip into the sauce. —Angela Lively, Conroe, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles, 5-10 minutes; drain. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Add the stock and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Add pasta and peas; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, until pasta is tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Gradually stir in cream and cheese; heat through (do not allow to boil).
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 443 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 646mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as All in One Pan Pasta Dinner in Simple & Delicious February/March 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.