One-Pan Rotini with Tomato Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles, 5-10 minutes; drain. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Add the stock and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Add pasta and peas; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, until pasta is tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Gradually stir in cream and cheese; heat through (do not allow to boil).
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 443 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 646mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Feb 9, 2020
This was very good. Husband loved it and said it was one of his pasta favorites. Flavor was spot on. I knew this was gonna be a keeper when I saw this. Thanks for the great recipe :)
Apr 22, 2019
This was delicious. I loved the flavor of the cream sauce and the kick the tomatoes gave. Omitted the peas, not a fan. My brother said when it was cooking that the aroma was fantastic. Sprinkled more Parmesan on mt serving, cause that I am a big fan of....YUM!
Apr 15, 2019
The best thing this recipe has going for it is the use of a single pan. It is also easy to cut in half for a smaller family. I used half ground beef and half ground sausage and added black olives just before serving. A keeper.
Feb 21, 2019
Aside from adding extra garlic, just because we are garlic lovers, and topping with extra cheese and some parsley; I didn’t change a thing! Absolutely delicious!! I love the ease of cooking the pasta right in the same pan, which makes it perfect for a five star weeknight meal, but also great for unexpected company since it comes together so quickly!
Feb 16, 2019
Even my picky eater husband enoyed this! Might try crushed tomatoes next time for a creamier sauce.