Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, 8-10 minutes, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in tomato juice, water, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Add spaghetti. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until pasta is tender, 9-11 minutes. Stir in beans; heat through. Top servings with sour cream and cheese.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pasta mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups (calculated without sour cream and cheese): 508 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 903mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 9g fiber), 32g protein.
Aug 23, 2019
I made as stated; the only thing we didn’t do was top it with sour cream or cheese. It was ok but felt like there was something missing. Probably the first and last time for this.
Apr 10, 2019
Used ground turkey instead of beef
Apr 25, 2018
Not a fan, kids hated it.
Jan 2, 2018
My wife and I loved this stuff. I'll be making it again. And again. Quick and easy. I used V8 rather than plain tomato juice, but otherwise followed the recipe. I did have to add more juice when I microwaved the leftovers. The first time I made this the spaghetti flew all over the kitchen when I broke it up. This time I used elbow macaroni. No mess no fuss and one step eliminated. However, the name no longer fits. Still, I'm sticking with the macaroni.
Sep 29, 2017
This is not a rate, sorry. But I wanted to ask a question. Why is your Webpage splitting the ingredients from the directions for your recipes now? Have to print twice to get one recipe?
Sep 28, 2017
This was really good, but my family felt it needed "something." We added a can of drained crushed tomatoes and it was wonderful. Even better the second day as leftovers!
Apr 3, 2016
I love this. Its the best one I have found to date. With a dash of the sour cream it is nothing but yummmmmmy! Freezes great!
Feb 1, 2016
Very similar to the chili mac I make. I cook my noodles till al dente ahead of time so they don't absorb all the moisture from the tomato juice. Delish!!! Add a dash of pepper flakes to give it more zing.
Jan 21, 2016
I agree with dshultz01. Definitely not enough sauce. Too pasty. Probably won't be making again.
Aug 5, 2015
Easy and quick to make, but there wasn't enough sauce. Tasted ok, but I think I will stick with either chili or spaghetti, not both.