"With 16 grandchildren, I find that someone is always hungry," writes Berry Carpenter of Hookstown, Pennsylvania. "This is a quick dish to fix when I'm busy. I sometimes serve it along with garlic bread for an easy meatless meal," she adds.
Recommended: 23 Favorite Italian Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 15 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the red pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Drain linguine; add to the skillet. Stir in the olives and butter; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Olive And Red Pepper Linguine in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p39
Reviews forOlive and Red Pepper Linguine
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2012
"This stuff is a favorite in our house! Wonderful recipe, thank you!"