Basil-Lemon Crab Linguine
I always add herbs to pasta to really punch up the flavor. This linguine looks and tastes like it's from a five-star restaurant. We love it. —Tonya Burkhard, Palm Coast, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated linguine
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add jalapeno and garlic; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Stir in lemon zest and juice. Add crab; heat through, stirring gently.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet. Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 392 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Jul 15, 2019
I made this almost exactly as stated, but used fresh crab I had on hand. It was an excellent and easy weeknight dinner. I believe the fresh ingredients like the pasta and basil are key. Try it, you won't be disappointed.