Basil-Lemon Crab Linguine
I always add herbs to pasta to really punch up the flavor. This linguine looks and tastes like it's from a five-star restaurant. We love it. —Tonya Burkhard, Palm Coast, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated linguine
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add jalapeno and garlic; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Stir in lemon peel and juice. Add crab; heat through, stirring gently.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet. Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 392 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Crab Linguine with lemon, bail and chile in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.