Never-Fail Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, salt, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Pour into pastry shell. Cover pastry edges with foil to prevent excess browning.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 401 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 24, 2015
Well, it did not set up. So I would say this is a failing recipe. I should have used one that had reviews. I followed the recipe exactly and it is still the same consistency as when I put it in the oven.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.