Never-Fail Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, salt, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Pour into pastry shell. Cover pastry edges with foil to prevent excess browning.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 401 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 24, 2015
Well, it did not set up. So I would say this is a failing recipe. I should have used one that had reviews. I followed the recipe exactly and it is still the same consistency as when I put it in the oven.