- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat egg. Add sour cream, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture with Monterey Jack cheese, spinach and half of the onions. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated though. Top with remaining onions; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMonterey Spaghetti
"I needed to use up a bag of fresh baby spinach and decided to try this recipe. It was very good. I just coarsely chopped the spinach and added it in. I also used about 6 ounces of macaroni that was left in the box. This really turned out well."
"Added 8oz diced ham, and my 3 yr old is now eating spinach!"
"Love this recipe! Even people who don't like spinach love this!"
"loved using Monterey jack cheese in this - what a different taste and we loved it"
"This was pretty good. A great way to get my kid's to eat spinach!"
"I added 2 to 3 tablespoons of softened butter to cheese mixture, a dash of milk, and used a bag of fresh spinach (destemmed, and sauteed in butter to cook it down). Awesome flavor! Will make again."
"Wasn't creamy at all. I did make the mistake of not mixing in some of the onions. The sauce baked into a quiche like consistency. Probably won't make again."