- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream and oil. In another bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt; fold in the chiles, green pepper, onion and pimientos. Add the egg mixture; mix well.
- Pour half into greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with beef. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Spoon remaining cornmeal mixture over top. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake at 350° until a toothpick comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
1 piece: 448 calories, 32g fat (9g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.