- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry into a 15-inch circle. Cut pastry with a floured 3-in. round biscuit cutter. Place a heaping teaspoonful of filling on one side of each circle. Brush edges of pastry with water; fold circles in half.
- Place on greased baking sheets. With a fork, press edges to seal. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forMini Chicken Empanadas
"I used a homemade crust and loved this filling. I took a shortcut and used canned chicken. They were great!"
"These were so good! We didn't have jalape?o so we substituted a tablespoon of diced green chilies and served with salsa and cheese queso for dipping!"
"Really good recipe. Not as spicy as I was expecting. I made this 2 nights in a row. The second night I added a few things like garlic and cayenne pepper to the mixture for a little extra flavor. Also used salsa for dipping."